Whether you’re at home or away, you can depend on Homeowners Insurance from Auto International Insurance and through our partners to help protect your personal liability and belongings. Every policy includes simple online policy management, flexible payment options, and customer service you can rely on all day, every day. Grab a free homeowners insurance quote today to get started with the kind of protection that can give you peace of mind for you and your family about your home.
What is so important about having home insurance?
One of the major expenses that homeowners have each year is their home insurance premiums. Many homeowners, especially in economic slowdowns, start to contemplate whether carrying an insurance policy on their home is really necessary. They begin to think that the money being spent on the policy could be better spent elsewhere. This can be a dangerous way to think.
An insurance policy is one of those items in life that you couldn’t care less about until you need it. For example, if your home was completely destroyed by a natural disaster how would you replace it without insurance? So the answer is every homeowner should carry a policy especially those who live in disaster-prone areas.
Having a policy also protects your belongings. Your policy will have a content provider in it which insures everything in your home up to the limits of the policy. So if you and your family are on vacation and come home to find that you have been robbed your content coverage should help you replace almost all of your items. With this specific part of your policy make sure that your coverage covers the replacement cost of the item, not just what it is worth.
Homeowners Insurance Covers:
Examples not limited to:
Fire or lightning.
- Windstorm or hail.
- The weight of ice, snow or sleet.
- Vandalism/malicious mischief.
- Aircraft and vehicles.
- Sudden or accidental tearing or bulging of heating or cooling systems.
- Riot or civil commotion.
- Falling objects.
- Freezing of plumbing systems.
- Sudden and accidental water discharge from plumbing or appliances.
- Sudden and accidental artificially generated electrical current.
- Homeowners Insurance Doesn’t Cover:
- Bodily injury or property damage that is expected or intended by the insured.
- Business pursuits.
- Professional services provided or not provided.
- Ownership, operation, use, or maintenance of aircraft, motor vehicles, and certain watercraft.